Options

source code not available

The source code pane tells me "source code not available for this method", when I have source code both in my working directory for ANTS and in the original location (the same as on the developers machine).

Is there a way to tell ANTS where my sourcecode is?

When profiling the complete app it usually asks me for the location.

However when I profile only including specified methods it never asks me, so I have no way of seeing the source code.

I am using a trial version. It works great and is very helpfull when I can view the source code.

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Bill,

Thanks for your post. The names of the source files are contained in the .pdb file. ANTS Profiler needs to open that to locate the source files. If they aren't in the .pdb, then ANTS will prompt you for the names of the files. If no .pdb was found for the assembly you're profiling, then it looks like ANTS doesn't bother with the source code because it's probably assuming that you've profiled a release.

So the answer is yes and no -- please make sure that you're still profiling a debug build and that the .pdb file exists next to the assembly and let us know what you find out.
This discussion has been closed.