Options

Log Shipping is all messed up. Help please. :)

AriadneAriadne Posts: 4
edited January 20, 2010 8:31AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I'm at a new company that is using SQL Backup 6 for log shipping, and it's all jacked up. How do I completely remove log shipping from a database so I can at least start all over? Redgate won't run a t-log backup (and no the database is full not simple) and the harddrive isn't full. There's truly an issue here. If someone could please assist me, I think my headache might just slow down...
Ariadne

Comments

• Options
    I still need help with this please. I cannot backup the transaction logs using SQL Backup 6. When I go into the backup tlog screen the databases don't show up in your GUI. The Gui let me set up Log Shipping, but there's nothing going on, nor is there anywhere that says I can delete the Log Shipping setup and start all over.
    Ariadne
  • Options
    Hi there,

Providing the servers are listed in the SQL Backup GUI, you should be able to see the backup job on the source database and the restore job on the target DB.

From there, you should be able to delete the jobs, however if in doubt, you can find the jobs in SSMS listed under the usual SQL Server Agent > Jobs location.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    Thank you Peter. There are no jobs in either place. When I click on Log Shipping, the screens allow me to start the process, the full is taken, copied, and restored, however, no T-Log job is created (not sure if that's supposed to be done in this step or not), and no jobs, nothing are showing up on either the original server or destination server. Then when I try to go in and create T-Log backups for both databases, they won't show up in the SQL Backup GUI.
    Ariadne
  • Options
    Hi there,

It is probably best if we handle this via the support call that we have opened automatically. I will send you an e-mail shortly where we can arrange a remote session to look into this for you.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569