Options

Deseleted table was still included in synchronise

stevehurcombestevehurcombe Posts: 22
edited August 25, 2005 10:55AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,
Seems I can't attach an image, however I have a screen shot where a de-selected table was included in the synchonise script - ouch!

Best regards
Steve

Comments

• Options
    Hi Steve

The most likely cause of the addition of a deselected object is that you have "include dependencies" selected.

This means that any deselected objects that have dependencies to a selected object will still be included.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Steve

The most likely cause of the addition of a deselected object is that you have "include dependencies" selected.

This means that any deselected objects that have dependencies to a selected object will still be included.

Regards
    Dan

Possibly, it was certainly ticked, I will have to look that up.

It would be nice if the 'included' dependancy was highlighted a little better - the change would have broken our system if I hadn't removed it.

Many thanks
    Steve
  • Options
    Hi Steve

There is two ways to remove the dependencies inclusion in the software. The first is in the program options. The second is when you begin the synchronise wizard, which is more obvious.

However I will pass your comment onto the development team as they are currently looking at the UI for the next version.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    cussuolcussuol Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    I'd like to give a suggestion about this issue.

Sometimes we know that a table is difFerent and we want to KEEP IT DIFFERENT.

So we can't use the "Include dependencies" mark. However this feature is very usefull and sometimes is a pain to synchonize a large database without it because we have a view that depends a table, a function that depends that view and so on.....

I'd like to suggest to have an "Ignore" mark which we can assigned to some object telling SQL Compare that we want to keep that object diferent and it would be excluded from dependencies list.
  • Options
    Hi

Thanks for the input.

I will put your suggestion forward to the UI team for the next version of the tools.

Regadrs
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
This discussion has been closed.