Change in indent behavior?

kevmartkevmart Posts: 4
edited January 18, 2010 11:43AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
WIth the recent update to SQL Prompt 4, was there a change to the indentation behavior? It seems like no matter what I do, when SQL Prompt is enabled I cannot get it to stop using block indentation. I have disabled every indent option that I can find and it has not fixed the problem. I first noticed this when I upgraded to 4.0.2.53. If I disable SQL Prompt I do not have this block formatting behavior.

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

Can you kindly elaborate your issue with example by specifying the query?

This will make the issue more clear and help us to investigate further.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • In the query below, when I start a new line after the table name, it automatically indents the next line at the same level as the line above it. I really want to disable this indenting behavior so that the new line is always back at column 1 of the new line.
    select Vendor_Code
      from dbo.Vendor
      where

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Many thanks for your post and explanation.

I was able to replicate the issue hence I have logged this in our internal tracking system whose unique id is SP-2836.

Our development team is looking into it. I will update you as soon as I get any details on its progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thanks for your patience.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Has there been any further work on this? I'm new to SQL Prompt and this is one of the only things that I find that bugs me.
    Hello mabryant,

We are working on it and I will update this forum post as soon as this is fixed.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.