Options

execution of a full-text operation failed.

CJonesCJones Posts: 2
edited July 19, 2005 12:11PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I am using the SQL Packager to build a database on another server, but when I click on the executable that SQL Packager creates the database creation fails with the following error: Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I can think of a few possibilities for this. Either there is a stored procedure or view that references a full-text query (a CONTAINS()), or full-text search is either not installed or incorrectly configured.

In the first case, there is a limitation of SQL Server in that creation of full text indexes can't be done inside a transaction. This means we need to put these actions at the end of the SQL script, outside of the transactions that are run to recreate the database. Putting them at the start wouldn't work because the tables that are being indexed need to be created first.

In the second case, check the following:
    • You have installed fulltext on the server
    • Full text is incorrectly configured. Check that the directories specified exist in the full text indexing settings. Normally, the files used for full text are located at c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql\ftdata.
This discussion has been closed.