object referenece not set to instance error

ruchu25ruchu25 Posts: 6
I am trying to profile a web application. The following error comes when stop profiling is clicked. stack trace: object referenece not set to instance error at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.DockPanel() at aq.p() at aq.a(IProfileRange, Boolean)

Note:
The profiler has been installed since two months and no problem has occurred. Suddenly above error comes and I have no clue what is wrong.
I have done following things:
1. Uninstalled Memory and Performance profiler.
2. Removed all the DevExpress related dlls from GAC.
3. Reinstalled Memory and Performance profiler.

Please let me know what to do to resolve this error

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I'm sorry I don't know what the problem is based on the supplied information. I suppose the relevant questions for me to ask are:
    • The version of memory profiler
    • Whether or not you had successfully taken one or more snapshots
    • How much free memory was available at the time
    • Can you send me the log file? (Help->show log folder in v5.x)
    Thanks for any information you can provide!
  • Hi
    My problem is resolved.
    The registry hack worked for me ... I got resolution from support via my official mail. The solution is to delete an entry from registry....
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Was this the registry hack to get the Source code window back? This is the only registry hack for ANTS that I did this week. I believe it was deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\ANTS Performance Profiler 5\Dock States\Main Window\DockManagerData\Panels\Item1. This doesn't seem to be related to the problem mentioned above, though.
  • Yes it is the solution.