Cannot evaluate Professional Edition with Standard Edition i

Tim_CTim_C Posts: 3
edited November 12, 2009 4:48AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Currently I have a licence for SQL Compare Standard Edition and I want to evaluate the command-line functionality of the Professional Edition. I have downloaded and installed SQLToolbelt.exe from the Red-Gate site but when I run the command-line sqlcompare.exe tool I get a prompt saying that I need a professional edition licence to use the command-line.

I have uninstalled the existing version of SQL Compare and re-installed the newly-downloaded version but I am still getting the same error message.

Is it possible to evaluate the professional version if I already have the standard version installed?

Comments

• You'll need to email sales@red-gate.com and ask them to sort out the licensing for you - if you've ever had a standard edition of a product installed, it won't automatically give you a trial license for the professional edition.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • You'll need to email sales@red-gate.com and ask them to sort out the licensing for you - if you've ever had a standard edition of a product installed, it won't automatically give you a trial license for the professional edition.
    Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for your response. Just after I posted the message here on the forum I contacted Red Gate support. I was actually just coming back here again to mention that the support team resolved it for me by giving me a new trial licence key which activated the professional version as expected.

I now have the expected 14 days to evaluate the command-line tool.