Options

Problem profiling memory

Hi, I have a problem profiling the memory of my App, (I can profile the performance no problem)

I get the message:

"The application that you are profiling has exited without shutting down normally. Profiling will now stop"

This happens straight away before my app shows any sign of launching

I have no idea where to start sorting this problem out!

Thank you in advance

Talyrond

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

my name is Tom Harris; I'm responsible for the development of ANTS Profiler. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with memory profiling. Could you provide some basic information?

1) What type of app are you trying to profile (desktop, ASP.NET etc...)?

2) What version of .NET Framework are you running against?

3) What OS are you running on?

We have fixed some issues with memory profiling since the 2.5 release. These will come free in an updated release sometime in the next couple of months.

Thanks,

Tom
  • Options
    Hi Tom, firstly no need to apologize, I have just finished performance profiling my CAD system with results beyond my wildest dreams! I have seen a 15 fold increase in performance in key areas, I will definitely be purchasing the full version, I can’t imagine devolving software without it now!

Anyway I digress, answers to your questions:

1) Desktop
    2) My App is .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2, I have tried pointing ANTS at version 1.1
    3) Win XP home edition

Thanks you for your time
  • Options
    Hi,

Great to here that the performance profiler worked so well. I will send you an updated component that we hope will fix your problem with memory profiling .NET 2.0 beta 2 apps. It'd be great if you could try it out and let us know how you get on.

I will mail it the account that you used to register for this forum.

Regards,

Tom
  • Options
    Hi Tom, don’t know if you have sent the update, but I have nothing in my in box, you seem to have the right address as I have received mail before from your company. If you have not sent it yet, please ignore this message!

Thank you
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

You should have the patch now as an attachment to an email from Red Gate Technical Support. I've sent it to the email account that you've registered with the forums under.
This discussion has been closed.