Creating Change Script via Synchronization Wizard error

robblargentrobblargent Posts: 2
edited November 2, 2009 3:27PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hello,

I have compared a live database against a script folder and would now like to generate a change script that may be executed at a later date. I am attempting to use the Synchronization Wizard for this purpose, but I keep getting an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error during Stage 2 - Dependencies - Calculating script changes.

I have tried this against 5 different live databases/script folders with the same result.

Any information/help would be useful.

Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• If you can send out your database schema (a backup or snapshot of the live database and a copy of the script folder), send it to michelle.taylor@red-gate.com and I'll take a look at this problem and see if I can reproduce it.

In any case, could you tell us what project settings you're using (the values of the dropdowns for the script folder, the options you have checked, the version of the server that the live database lives on)?

If you send me an email or PM me your email address, I can send you a file which you can put in place to get a stack trace for this error, which might help us track it down.

I haven't heard of this particular problem before and I'd quite like to find out what it is so we can fix it.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • I am getting the exact same error.

All settings are default (first time use of this installation on this PC)

From SQL 2000 instance to SQLEXPRESS instance AND SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.

Same error either using SSMS or SQL Compare to do the synch.