Options

Feature Request

jamesklettjamesklett Posts: 13
edited October 27, 2009 12:22PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
In the SQL Packager Configuration Wizard, add extra input for the the following items.

Application Icon - Logo, Company Name, Product Name, etc...

Then when the tool build out the Solution, I dont have tyo go in every time and change the Icon, and edit the About Panel etc.. Obviously I dont want my customer seeing Red Gate on the setup program.

Thanks,

JIM

Comments

• Options
    Also add Visual Studio Version output as I am running VS 2008 and soon VS 2010 and every time I generate a package project I have to go through the VS Upgrade Wizard. You must be genberating VS 2005 output project files

thanks,

JIM
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Jim,

SQL Packager produces executables by modifying an existing Visual Studio 2005 project -- the "template" project -- which exists in SQL Packager's installation folder. (%programfiles%\red gate\sql packager 6\sql packager code templates\c#). If you want all packages to look the same, you could modify the project files (after backing the factory version up first, of course!).

If you want to edit the project using VS2008, please ensure that you back up the project and that your packages compile successfully. Many years ago, when the template was done is VS2003 and users wanted to upgrade the template to VS2005, they found that the packages wouldn't compile because SQL Packager itself was still building the resource files containing the SQL code in VS2003 format, and VS2005 does not automatically upgrade the resource files. I'm not sure if this still happens when you try to compile VS2005 resources in VS2008 projects.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have successfully built and run the project in VS 2008, so whatever issues there were between 03 and 05 must have been resolved . Thanks for the info on the Templates though. Also, I have found that I can customize my project and then simoply copy the sql package files over the old ones and the project will continue to function properly.

Thanks,

JIM