SQL Prompt 3.9 prevents the selection of the @ character

chrisodonnellchrisodonnell Posts: 6
edited April 27, 2010 12:48PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
After installing SQL Prompt 3.9, the behaviour of double clicking on a variable name has changed.
For example, given a variable name of @dummy.
Previously if you double clicked on this variable in Management Studio, the whole variable name would be selected/highlighted including the @ character, i.e. "@dummy" is selected.
Now, immediately after installing SQL Prompt 3.9, the @ character is not selected when double clicking on a variable name, i.e. only "dummy" is selected.

It is quite annoying, when you want to copy and paste a variable, as it misses out the @ character.

I can't see any options to disable this beahviour. Has anyone found a option or workaround to control this?

Thanks, Chris

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post Chris.

Can you kindly let us know which version of SQL Prompt were you using before SQL Prompt 3.9?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • I originally installed 3.8, but as this does not support SQL Server 2008 I applied the 3.9 upgrade.
  • Just tested this further by following the steps below.
      Uninstalled SQL Prompt and confirmed that with SQL Prompt the variable selection works in both SQL Server Management Studio 2005 (9.00.3042.00) and 2008 (10.0.2531.0). Installed SQL Prompt 3.8. Opened Management Studio 2005 and confirmed that variable selection still works. The SQL Prompt 3.8 Add In does not load in Management Studio 2008, but I confirmed the variable selection still works. Perform the "Check for Updates" and upgrade to SQL Prompt 3.9. Opened Management Studio 2005 and now the variable selection does not work Opened Management Studio 2008 and now the variable selection does not work
    So the problem appears to have been introduced in SQL Prompt 3.9, but unfortunately that version is required for Management Studio 2008.
    Many thanks for the quick reply Chris.

I tried to replicate the issue but it works fine for me.

Can you kindly try SQL Pormpt 4 and chekc if the issue still persists?

You can download SQL Prompt from here.

If this version still doesn't fix the issue for you can you kindly let me know the detailed version of SQL Editor you are using?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • I installed SQL Prompt 4 (14 day trial) and can confirm that this works. The only problem is that my license is for SQL Prompt 3.
    Thanks for confirmation Chris.

I have emailed you the link to private version of 3.9 which works for me.

Kindly let us know the outcome.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Anu

Just to confirm again that this new version (3.9.3.303) works. The version that the automatic upgrade provided was 3.9.0.43.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris
    Thanks for confirming that Chris :D

It's a brilliant news!!

Kindly let us know if you have any issues or questions regarding the product,I'll like to help.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Anu, or anyone else at Redgate,

Can you provide me with SQL Prompt 3.9.3.303 also? I just upgraded to 3.9.0.43 today, after installing the SQL Server 2008 client tools.

Thank you,
    Paul
    Hello pfred,

I have dropped you a private message.

Kindly download th patch and let me know whether it fixes your issue or not.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Thanks, Anu

The patch worked perfectly, I appreciate your help very much.

Cheers,
    Paul
    No problem!

That a brilliant news!
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Hi Anu,
    I am actually facing the same problem.It will be really nice if you could send me the correct version of sql prompt 3.9.