SQL Prompt 3.9 causes Visual Basic to slow down

FhwoarangFhwoarang Posts: 3
edited October 13, 2009 10:35AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate, I use Team Foundation as a source code, and SQL Server 2005.

The problem is that SQL Prompt works very nice on Management Studio, but everytime I open a project in Visual Basic 6, it takes forever to load. The introduction logo for VB6 stays there forever.

Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

Can you kindly check if their is any event logged when you try opening the VB 6 project?

If you find any event log can you kindly email us at support@red-gate.com and include the link to this forum in your email?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Many thanks for your post.

Can you kindly check if their is any event logged when you try opening the VB 6 project?

If you find any event log can you kindly email us at support@red-gate.com and include the link to this forum in your email?

No, no logs are generated during the oppening of a VB6 project, it just takes too much time to get the loading complete. Maybe it has something to do with the add ins this Visual Basic 6 has.

It's really weird: right now I'm on the PC that has this problem, and it's not happening anymore, I closed the SQL Prompt tray icon before oppening a VB6 project for the first time (after starting the PC), and then oppened again SQL Prompt.

I will check if this slow down happens again in further situations (maybe it has something to do with shuttind down the PC or something); right now SQL Prompt and SQL Server Management Studio 2005 in Windows Vista Ultimate (SP2) works just fine, the problem was with Visual Basic 6 projects.

I will let you inmediately if we can reproduce this slow down and how it gets "fixed".

Thanks a lot.
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for the update.

Kindly let me know if this occurs again so that we can investigate further.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com