Commas and Layout with Wildcard Expansion

jcc105jcc105 Posts: 7
edited January 6, 2011 6:28AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I am now using the nice and fast v4.0.2.53 standard edition in SQL 2005 Management Studio. One feature that seems significantly different from v3 is the layout when expanding the * wildcard

When I expand
	SELECT 
		pd.*
	FROM 
		#tmpProductOrderDetails pd

I now get
	SELECT
		SiteNumber ,
		        ReconciledDateTime ,
		        ProductCode ,
		        ProductDescription ,
		        ProductQuantity
	FROM

instead of
	SELECT
		SiteNumber,
		ReconciledDateTime,
		ProductCode,
		ProductDescription,
		ProductQuantity
	FROM

There is the additional <tab> character (2 actually I think) before the second and subsequent column names, and there is now a space before each comma. I notice that the comma at least can be turned off in the pro version, but as it was turned off by default in v3 is this just an underhand way of expecting me to upgrade to put the formatting back to how it used to be?

Is anyone else having a similar tabbing issue?

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and explanation.

I was able to replicate the issue hence I have logged this in our internal tracking system whose unique id is SP-2838.

I will update you as soon as I get any details on it's progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thanks for your patience.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Matt_BMatt_B Posts: 12 Bronze 2
    I was hoping this issue (SP-2838) would be fixed in yesterday's update, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Can you give any idea when it might be addressed?

Thanks,

Matt
    Many thanks for your post Matt and apologies that this bug was not fixed in the recent release.

We do not have a fixed date yet as soon as this bug is fixed and when we pin down a date I will update this forum.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • I see that this incident is also logged as SP-2796 but neither made it into v4.0.3.12 and don't seem tobe on the list for 4.0.4.11

Is there any news on any potential future release it may be in?
  • MikeyCMikeyC Posts: 249 Bronze 3
    It appears from what I have heard that Red Gate doesn't think this issue impacts many people, and it isn't slated to be fixed in version 5 that they are working on now. If you experience this bug and would like to see it fixed speak up now so that maybe they will add it to their list to fix.
    Many thanks for your patience with this issue.

This issue is fixed in EAP 5 of SQL Prompt for more information click here.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Cool ... thank goodness I just renewed my support and maintenance!
  • I just installed SP (Standard) v5, but this problem still exists. Do you know when there will be an actual fix for it?