Installation doesn't seem to remember installation location

mscheunermscheuner Posts: 57
edited October 8, 2009 10:54AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I just installed SQL Prompt 4 on my Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) machine. Worked flawlessly.

I usually install stuff in my own directory structure, so I put SQL Prompt into "C:\bin\SQLPrompt".

As soon as I launched SQL Srv Mgmt Studio, SQL Prompt mentioned an upgrade, to I let the download go ahead.

But when I went about installing it, SQL Prompt 4 (4.0.2.53) insisted on installing into "C:\program files (x86)\........." - the default directory, instead of the directory I had chosen upon first installation.

Does the SQL Prompt 4 installer generally "loose" track of where it was installed? Or is this a quirk of Windows 7? Of 64-bit machines?

My expectation would be that if I install it to "C:\bin\SqlPrompt" once, the subsequent installs (including updates) should pick that up and use that custom directory instead of insisting on the default directory.

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

I am trying to reproduce this issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your patience.

I was able to replicate the issue and as per my findings the problem is not with Windows 7 or any OS it has to do with 64-bit machine.

I have logged this issue in our internal tracking system (TBI-310) so that it can be looked upon.

Once again thanks for your co-operation.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com