Options

Feature Request: Project Management

BrienKingBrienKing Posts: 30 Bronze 3
edited October 14, 2009 7:31AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I think the UI is going a bit backwards in functionality.

I would like to see the project managment for SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare go back to the way it was in V6.

When the app starts up, it shows me a list of compare projects that I can choose from. The way it works now, is that it comes up with the last project I was working on, then I have to Cancel out and go to the File Menu to open another project.

I also prefered the way it worked before where I didn't have to worry about the filename of the project. I just created a project and it dealt with filename issues, etc...

I work on around 20 different databases at any given time and switching projects and managing them has been a real pain.

Comments

• Options
    If you bring up the project list (close the project configuration dialog, press the folder button on the toolbar) then there is a check box at the bottom of the dialog, labelled 'Show this screen on startup', which you can select to tell SQL Compare to start with the project list rather than the last open project.

Does that help?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    BrienKingBrienKing Posts: 30 Bronze 3
    If you bring up the project list (close the project configuration dialog, press the folder button on the toolbar) then there is a check box at the bottom of the dialog, labelled 'Show this screen on startup', which you can select to tell SQL Compare to start with the project list rather than the last open project.

Does that help?

Yes that works. Now I can name the files what ever as I really don't care about the filenames and the projects list shows the servers.

Thanks!