Run for all databases on a selected SQL Server Instance

JDSJDS Posts: 25
edited September 22, 2009 10:51AM in SQL Multi Script
In my environment the databases list is somewhat dynamic in terms of new databases created and databases removed. It would be helpful if you could select the SQL Server instance and the tool would run for all the databases accessible. Right now if you double click on the instance only master is added to the list.

Comments

• Hello,

If you select the SQL Server instance and right click you can select the option to 'Add All Databases on this SQL Server to Distribution List'.
    Helen Joyce
    SQL Backup Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • The solution works once but if I reuse the list I always have to check the list of databases to make sure that none have been added. Not truely all available databases.
  • Just revisiting this post since it has been painful to me again through a period of rapid database existence changes both adds and removes. I think this would be a great feature to be able to add all databases or all "user" databases like the feature available in maintence plans for a SQL Server instance. Having storable lists of servers is great unless you have to check them every time you runa script to make sure none are missing or extras that no longer exist.