Log shipping : Another retry issue

I was only able to reproduce this once.

I started the log shipping wizard, Server_A/DB_X -> Server_B/DB_X.

This failed on the restore because the destination drive was too small.

I freed up space on the destination drive.

Hit Retry.

It then set up log shipping for Server_A/DB_Y -> Server_B/DB_Y.

My guess is that I had shifted focus to the SQL Backup UI and had a different database focused when I clicked Retry. However Retry should not change any of the parameters based on external context.

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

Can I ask which version of SQL Backup 6 you were using when you had this problem?

The reason I ask is because when I create a failing log shipping job, the retry button opens the wizard again, and it is not possible to change focus back to the UI as the wizard is modal.

The only place I could find to change the database names was the first step of the wizard.
    Chris
  • I am using the most recent version (can't check now but I just did the web update a few days ago). Is it possible that I focused a different database in the main UI *before* clicking Retry?
  • Thanks for your reply.

I've managed to reproduce this now based on your last post. It seems that if you select another database in the server explorer before you click retry, it will change the source database in the log shiping setup to be the one selected in the server explorer. It doesn't look like the target database is affected.

I have logged this as a bug with SQL Backup; the bug tracking code is SB-4372.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a future version.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.
    Chris