cannot re-activate license

toad2898toad2898 Posts: 41
edited September 15, 2009 5:52AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello.

I puchased SQL response as part of SQL toolbelt and installed it onto my PC.

To see how SQL response worked I set up an alert repository and activated the license on a test server.

It all worked fine and I like what I see so I'll now move the whole thing into a production environment I thought.

I removed the server I was monitoring and de-acivated the server licence.

Next I created a new alert repository which works ok but I can't re-activate a server license, I keep getting this error:-

The number of activations for this serial number has been exceeded

This serial number has been activated on more computers than the number of licenses you purchased.

To use this serial number on this computer, first deactivate it on another computer using the deactivate command on the Help menu

now as far as I'm aware I have de-activated it?? Do I need a license for each SQL server I want to monitor as well as having a license for the software that is on my PC.

I'm sure I'll have done something wrong here because I seem to have a electro-magnet effect on licensing :D but if someone could help me out that'd be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SQL Response is licensed per physical server/ machine. You do not need any license for the machine on which you have installed your Alert Repository (provided you are not monitoring the SQL Server instance on alert repository machine). You only need a license for the machine on which your monitored SQL Server instance resides. Even if you have more than one SQL Server instance on the same machine, you will just need one license key.

Could you please raise a support request at support@red-gate.com, so that we can look into this issue? Please send us your license key also in the email.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • thanks i've mailed support now