Options

SQL Prompt 4 Suggestion Selection behavior compared to V3

CGLuttrellCGLuttrell Posts: 39 Bronze 1
edited September 14, 2009 11:12AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have a question about SQL Prompt 4, you just released a fix that addressed "Foreign key of related table in JOIN will be prompted at the top of the suggestion list" which was awesome. But we were wondering about why the top selection is not already selected in the drop down like it worked in V3? That allowed us to quite often just hit tab and go on to the next item instead of having to go find the down arrow key, we are not that coordinated. :(
Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post Chris.

I replied your support ticket F0026459 from support@red-gate.com.

I wrote: "Many thanks for the update and apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

I have raised this as a feature request (SP-2810) in our internal tracking system so that it can be considered and fixed in our future release.

Once again thanks for your patience with this issue.
    "
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I raised this during the Beta phase and the response was that "this was the desired behaviour from the users"

I agree I would prefer the top line to be highlighted and just Tab , in most cases its the selection you're loking for

Mike
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Yes it is absolutely right Mike.

But at the moment we are collecting the feedback/requirements from the users and then we will consolidate it and decide candidates for future releases.

Hence I have added it as a feature request.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thanks Anu,

Maybe they can add it as an optional behavior so users can set it to their liking.

Chris