Item Already Added. Key in Dictionary..

MMeenanMMeenan Posts: 4
edited June 21, 2005 9:20AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I'm trying to compare a DB on the live server (SQL 2000 Binary/Case Sens)
to a DB on Dev Server that is SQL 200 default colation/sort. Goal is to move current live DB to a new server with default sort order and colation.

When doing the compare or creating a snapshot I get the following error.
Item has already been added. Key in Dictionary: "[dbo].[rmUpdateRMAAppliedOpen] Key being added: [dbo].[rmUpdateRMAAppliedOpen]

What am I missing in the process?
M. Meenan
NFHS

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

It's just a matter of setting one of the options. If you set the Treat Items as Case-Sensitive option in the comparison options, then SQL Compare will index the collection of objects using a different key and this should prevent the error from occurring.

You should always set this option on case-sensitive databases.
  • I should have guessed that one.
    I just ran the compare sucessfully. I am getting the following issue when I attempt the sync:

The following error message was returned from the SQL Server:

============================================
    [1776] There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'dbo.ORG40100' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'orgRelation_MSTR'.
    Could not create constraint. See previous errors.

The following SQL command caused the error:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ORG00100] ADD
    CONSTRAINT [orgRelation_MSTR] FOREIGN KEY ([ENTITYID]) REFERENCES [dbo].[ORG40100] ([ENTITYID])
    =============================================

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it ma be a dependency issue.

Ideas?
    M. Meenan
    NFHS
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Mike,

Can you please make sure that the Include Dependencies option is enabled for the synchronization? SQL Compare should modify the table at the other end of the foreign key relationship if it needs to be modified. Also, make sure you've got the latest version of the software.
  • Still getting the failure on Sync. I added the "do not include plumbing for transactional...".
    Still fails with same error.
    M. Meenan
    NFHS
This discussion has been closed.