Options

Serial Number - Upgrade to SQL Prompt 4

CharlesCuozzoCharlesCuozzo Posts: 3
edited August 18, 2009 10:40AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I installed the SQL Prompt 4 upgrade and it seems that I am now running a trial version. I realize that there is a limitation on how many times I may use my serial number and I don't want an extra use counted against me, so I hesitate to re-enter my current serial number to convert from the released version.

I do use the product on two machines - a laptop and a desktop in a different location. I never use them concurrently, but now this is going to be a problem for both installs.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Charles,

This is a big issue for all Red Gate products. Basically the licensing subsystem is not clever enough to know your serial number has support, so in any case, your upgrade becomes a "trial version" until you activate it again. If you activate on the same computer, this will not count against you and will work just fine if your support contract is still valid.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply Brian.

I was able to solve the problem by deactivating the serial number (it mentioned in the dialog for deactivation that it was linked to SQL Prompt 3) and then reactivating it for the SQL Prompt 4 installed version.