Script contains an extra comma...

ljh2ljh2 Posts: 3
edited August 7, 2009 9:32AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I had a simple alter statement on a table that added a column which, according to SQL Compare, affects the dependent schema-bound views that reference that table.

SQL Compare generates an alter statement to remove schema-binding from the views but since they are encrypted views, there is a dangling comma where the two modifiers are now only one.
ALTER VIEW [dbo].[VW_MYVIEWNAME] WITH ENCRYPTION,  AS
        SELECT....

The extra comma between WITH ENCRYPTION and AS causes a syntax error.

My database platform is SQL Server 2008.

Is there a way to work around this?

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this.

I can reproduce it consistently, so it certainly looks like a bug with SQL Compare.

I have logged it under the bug tracking code SC-4525, which will now be reviewed by the development team.

I don't think there is a workaround short of manually editing the script to remove the unnecessary comma.
    Chris
  • Chris,
    Thanks for the quick response. How soon would I be able to expect a fix for this? I'm about to let my project management team know about this problem. If possible, I'd like to let them know when we could expect this solution to be operational.

If this problem can be resolved in a reasonable amount of time, we can probably get by with a manual edit workaround for the short-term, but we will need the fully automated solution prior to our live deployment date.

Thanks again,
    Larry Hector
    CEO/Principal Consultant
    Optima Technical Solutions, Inc.