Options

Quick exit from job editor wizard

fatherjack2fatherjack2 Posts: 311
edited July 28, 2009 3:50PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

As I have previously mentioned I am on a project that currently involves moving databases between servers and I am having to add and remove databases from backup jobs to keep backups in line with this work.

Would it be possible to have the 'Finish' button enabled earlier in the wizard than the final stage?

If you simply want to check (or uncheck) a database for in(ex)clusion in the job you have to go through the whole process when you could get out a lot sooner if the finish option was enabled sooner.

It could be something that saves a lot of people a lot of clicks...

Thanks

Jonathan

Senior DBA
Careers South West Ltd

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your suggestion.

I've logged this in our system as a feature request. It will now be looked at by the product managers and will be considered for a future version.

For your reference the feature tracking code is SB-4301.
    Chris
  • Options
    What would really be nice is that if it does not find a DB it simply does not back it up.

So the job could be configured to do a Full Backup on All Existing DB's on the server Instead of saying Backup DB1 DB2 DB3 Etc...

But hey thats my 2 cents worth..

Note: I guess if you were worried about well how would you know that the DB was dropped isnt that what SQL Response is for! :D

-Brian