Sql Data Compare between a set of folders and a live db

steveschoonsteveschoon Posts: 8
Is there a way to use the SQL Comparison SDK between an on-disk folder and a live database? I've got the SQL Compare SDK part working just fine - now I need to incorporate some data.

I've been through the docs, and couldn't figure out how to:

1) saving the data stored in tables to an on-disk folder
2) comparing tables between an on-disk folder and a live db.

Thank for any help!
Steve Schoon

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Steve

Following our live chat session earlier today, I am pleased to inform you the feature you are looking for with SQL Data Compare and the SQL Data Compare API will be available in the next version of SQL Data Compare.

Version 8 of SQL Data Compare will be released early next month, August 2009.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • I need this functionality too. What release is it targetted for?

The functionality already seems to exist in the SQl Data Compare Tool but cant find any examples to how to do it with the SDK.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

SQL Data Compare V8 is now available. The Professional Edition contains the feature to be able to compare against script folders.

The update you are seeking for the SQL Comparison SDK and the Data Compare API's is to be released later this month (August 2009). This update will include the code examples for comparing against script folders.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Is the updated sdk release still on track for an august release?
  • We now have a private release that uses the SDC 8.0 API and contains a script folder example.

If you would like this, please contact support@red-gate.com
    Chris