Filtering windows users

waydewayde Posts: 3
edited June 25, 2009 10:48AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi

Is there a way to filter out windows user roles from being created? For instance, I generate the difference report, and under roles I get:

EXEC sp_addrolemember N'db_datareader', N'ReportUser'
GO
EXEC sp_addrolemember N'db_datareader', N'WindowsDomain\cxb'
GO

Is there a way that I could filter out "windowsdomain" users from being generated? As I am only interested in finding out which SQL roles are missing.

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately this isn't possible in the current version. I think the only workaround would be to edit the script and manually remove the commands for windows users.

I've logged a feature request for this, so hopefully it will be considered for a future version. The feature tracking code is SC-4474.
    Chris
  • In the project options, there is an option to ignore users' permissions and role memberships. Does this option do what you need?

Simon C
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. No, this does not help, as I need to find the permissions and role memberships. What I would like to do though is to be able to filter out windows roles, and only see ones for SQL users.

So currently I see the following:
    GO
    EXEC sp_addrolemember N'db_datareader', N'WindowsDomain\cxb'
    GO

Where I would like just the following:

GO

So it would need to be able to filter out roles that contain "WindowsDomain"
  • Apologies, this is not something we have an option for. I've added it to our list of enhancement requests. In the meantime the workaroudn is to remove these references manually. I'd love to hear from anyone else who is undergoing the same issue.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • I've been manually removing our windows users every time I do a compare ever since I started using the product over 3 years ago. I'd love a way to filter out windows users.