Automatic Triggering not working

leonevansleonevans Posts: 8
edited June 22, 2009 3:14AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
The automatic triggering is not working for column names with alias'
Eample:
SELECT * FROM DRLMulticompany.dbo.tbl_Orders AS os
INNER JOIN DRLMulticompany.dbo.tbl_order_details AS od
ON os.
At this point it should trigger - I have even tried adding . and os. as trigger words but does not work - I have to press Ctrl + Space to trigger manually

In fact is not working after any . and is very temperamental triggering on table names and db names (Having to space then delete for the trigger to work). It used to work fine before installing Microsoft SDK for server 2008 (Which has now been uninstalled. I have uninstalled sql prompt and re-installed - Also deleting the settings held in AppData) I have version 3.9 on Vista running sql server 2008.

I have compared all settings with a colegue and all are exactly the same - His however works fine

Comments

• Has now stopped working with everything but db names - Only manual triggering works
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for the post and sorry you are having issues with SQL Prompt.

Can I ask which version of SQL Prompt are you using?

Have you tried deleting the cache by navigating to SQL Prompt --> Cache management after that delete the cache?

Kindly let us know if the above helps.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks you for your reply - I am using Version 3.9 and yes I have tried deleting the cache - Dot (.) seems to kill the automatic triggering
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for the update.

Could you kindly let us know by any chance if you are using VPN to connect to your databases?

And kindly can you let us know detailed version of SQL Prompt by navigating to SQL Prompt --> About SQL Prompt and you will find version on right bottom of the about screen just above the close button.

The reason I am asking you version is we have a patch for performance improvement in remote databases using VPN.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • I'm not using a vpn connection and the version number is 3.9.0.43