Data Compare not saving settings, not linking tables

jaffabjaffab Posts: 8
Hello,

We have just started using Data compare V7.1.0.245, and have found two problems on here, which others on this have logged, but seem to still be an issue.

The problems are:

1) Tables in two databases are identical, but refuses to automatically link (map) for compare. Have to go through the really slow process of linking them all, and then linking all the columns in the table.
2) Once you have gone through the process of mapping and save the compare, when you re-load, all the mappings have been lost

Please advise,

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry you're having this problem. We're just putting the finishing touches on SQL Data Compare 8.0 which contains a number of fixes in this area. Details on an Early Access version can be found here:

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=9090

Could you please try this build to see if it fixes your issue. If it's still an problem, we'd be very keen to work with you to reproduce and resolve it.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • 7.1.0.245 Professional Editional

When creating comparison projects, I map tables, manually set comparison keys, save, and hit "Done" to compare.
    SQL Compare indicates no tables could be compared -- nothing was saved!
    I then repeat all the mapping and setting of comparison keys, hit "Done" again, and it works.

But when I reopen such a project, everything is lost again -- none of the mapping or comparison keys are retained.

Does v8 correct this incredibly time-wasting issue? Will v8 be released soon?

Thank you much.
  • This issue was resolved by installing SQL Data Compare 7.2 patch.

If you are experiencing the problem described in this thread, please contact support@red-gate.com.
    Chris
  • Sorry to say that I tried all three releases, and the problem still exists in all releases. In the end, I wrote my own version is Visual Studio - took me 4 hours and worked like a charm. If you ever get your software fixed, please let me know.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but with 17 databases to move, over 3 runs, I would have been mapping fields and tables for the rest of my life.