Options

Multi script limit?

efdavilaefdavila Posts: 7
edited June 16, 2009 4:56PM in SQL Multi Script
Hi,
I'm querying ~150 servers. I'm getting results for 96 of those servers and then multiscript seems to hang. No errors, just keeps running with no further results. Any idea?

@version for the query.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Is the application locking up (as in the ui stops working?) or does it just not return any more results?

If you leave it running for a few min do the SQL Queries time out?

Cheers,
    --
    Daniel
  • Options
    Hi,
    The application sort of locks up. What I mean by that is that I see the spinning "wheel" to the left hand side of the Script execution in progress... status whirling but nothing seems to be happening. As well if I click on the Cancel button it greys out but doesn't stop the spinning wheel thing.
    To actually cancel the script, or so I think, I have to go to File|Exit and shutdown the app.

Results of the query itself are the same this morning. I don't get any error messages at all and the script stops at about server ~95 of 150.
  • Options
    Can you run the query against the last 55 servers only?
    --
    Daniel
  • Options
    Sure.

Is there a way to export the list of servers so I can pull a subset out? Along the same lines if I maintain a list of servers with the sa password is there a method to import (the list is always getting updated)?

TIA
  • Options
    @version for each server individually. I found that one of the servers was offline (shutdown) and this is where Multi Script hung. Once I unchecked that particular server the script ran against all servers without problem.

This is a pretty good tool but it would benefit greatly if it had the ability to import a list of servers with their associated password. Also the list of servers you add isn't in alpha order so comparing against an existing list is quite a pain.

Thanks...
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Lots of Multi Script users have asked for an import/export/organization utility for database lists, so I have written a small utility that should tide you over until some more list management finds its' way into the product.

http://labs.red-gate.com/index.php/Mult ... st_manager

I hope this is useful for you!
  • Options
    Thank you. I'll give it a try.