SQLBackupAgent service showing failed on clustered node

deepak03deepak03 Posts: 7
edited June 8, 2009 2:36PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I am using a two nodes cluster (Active/Passive) on SQL 2005 and using red gate 5.3, when I switched from N1 to N2 the SQLBackupAgent service showing failed. I reinstalled the red gate on N2 when it was not active and activated the red gate licence successfully but it has not created SQLBackupAgent service on N2?

The issue is still the same, could you please suggest why its not creating the service and what can be done to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

I am sorry to say, I unsure as why the SQL Backup Server Components did not install successfully. The SQL Backup Server Components installer is cluster aware and normally installs to all nodes on a cluster simultaneously.

Are you installing onto a named SQL Instance on the cluster?

You have informed us that the SQL Backup Agent is not created. Can you please check to see if the SQL Backup Server Components are installed by checking to see if the installation folder is created? By default it is created in this directory:
    %SystemRoot%\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\(local) or <SQL Instance name>

Did the install create a SQL Backup resource in the Cluster Administrator? If the answer is yes, can you please disable the resource. Copying the following file to the passive node, SQBServerSetup.exe and run this executable. Are you able to successfully install SQL Backup Server Components to the node?

The following knowledge base article contains further advice on cleaning up from a failed installation and getting SQL Backup Server Components installed successfully on both nodes of your cluster:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... nstall.htm

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks Eddie for you response.

No there is no named instance on this cluster server.

I have checked under C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup there are 55files and 1 folder size 37.1MB although there is no (local) folder over there.

From where i can find the SQL Backup resource in the Cluster Administrator?

Also SQBServerSetup.exe is available within the passive node(N2) under above location.

Please let me know what else needs to be check to resolve the issue?

Thanks,