Visual Studio 2008 integration

davidmgraydavidmgray Posts: 19
edited June 3, 2009 12:17PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,

Is it possible to stop SQL Prompt integrating with VS2008? It's a great tool in SSMS but I dont see the point in VS2008.

Also I started having problems (brace matching stopped working) with VS2008 about the time I installed SQL Prompt 3 and I wonder if SQL Prompt its the culprit.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Dave

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post .
    Answer to your question is 'Yes' you can do it!

Please follow the following steps to remove SQL Prompt integration from Visual studio and still have it in SSMS:

1. In Visual Studio go to Tools --> Options --> Environment --> Add-in/Macros Security --> Remove the Add-in file Paths for SQL prompt then Press 'OK' to save the changes.
    2. In Visual Studio go to Tools --> Add-in Manager --> Untick Available Add-ins for SQL prompt 3.0 then Press 'OK' to save the changes.
    3. Please again open the Add-in Manager in similar way (Tools --> Add-in Manager) and check if the SQL Prompt add-in is not in the list.
    4. Close Visual studio.
    5. Open Visual Studio Command Prompt run command 'devenv /resetsettings' : this will reinitialise the visual studio settings.
    6. Check Visual Studio having no more SQL Prompt integrated in it.
    7. Check SQL prompt in SSMS it should be intact.

Kindly let me know if you have any issues carrying out this steps and if that helped you to disintegrate SQL Prompt in Visual Studio.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks for your post .
    Answer to your question is 'Yes' you can do it!

Please follow the following steps to remove SQL Prompt integration from Visual studio and still have it in SSMS:

1. In Visual Studio go to Tools --> Options --> Environment --> Add-in/Macros Security --> Remove the Add-in file Paths for SQL prompt then Press 'OK' to save the changes.
    2. In Visual Studio go to Tools --> Add-in Manager --> Untick Available Add-ins for SQL prompt 3.0 then Press 'OK' to save the changes.
    3. Please again open the Add-in Manager in similar way (Tools --> Add-in Manager) and check if the SQL Prompt add-in is not in the list.
    4. Close Visual studio.
    5. Open Visual Studio Command Prompt run command 'devenv /resetsettings' : this will reinitialise the visual studio settings.
    6. Check Visual Studio having no more SQL Prompt integrated in it.
    7. Check SQL prompt in SSMS it should be intact.

Kindly let me know if you have any issues carrying out this steps and if that helped you to disintegrate SQL Prompt in Visual Studio.

Thanks, that worked a treat.
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Brilliant!!
    Thanks for the update.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com