Arithmetic Overflow on Long running query alert

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited June 15, 2009 4:43AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Build is 1.3.0.58, on XP Pro SP3 with all the latest patches, on a Lenovo T61p.

Simply clicked on the minimized task, clicked on the one Alert listed, exception occurred.

Machine has been rebooted since the same exception occurred with a CPU Alert.

Will email screenshot if required.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Hi,

I'm assuming this is the same problem as you had earlier. I'm at a bit of a loss to explain it.

I've not seen a similar error raised on another machine.

Are you using the default windows screen dpi/font size?

Have you been having odd issues with any other software on this machine?
    --
    Daniel
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    VSMS 2008 occasionaly dies with a blue screen of death but that's not only my problem - my colleague on a Lenovo T61p provokes the exact same BSOD editing a table's data directly.

I used a freebie SQL product, RSScripter, and had the Font.Initialize error there - the author declined to change the product as it, too, was an rare incident. It's uninstalled.

The machine is under a year old, running standard XP Pro up to SP3, with MS VS and SQL Server 2008 products loaded. I have no idea how to tell you if I have "default windows screen dpi/font size" settings - if you know how to detect and potentially reset them to defaults, please let me know - I'll be happy to be "standard"...

If you search my catalogue of postings, I think you'll find this happened with an old version of SQL Compare or SQL Data Compare on my OLD ThinkPad R60p.

I know that Bart looked at it and there was a fix put into those products such that I've never seen the issue since on any machine. Perhaps a glance at those fixes would help... Support Issue 20060504200001 refers to an arithmetic overflow during Font.Initialize. The current problem is in Dundas' control but as you ask about standard font/dpi settings, which was the underlying issue with the referenced SI, there may be some help there.

I'll be glad to give you any more information.
    Decide wisely...
  • Hi,

I'm afraid this is something I'm going to have to chase up with a 3rd party component provider. The error is occurring in their code, so I am very limited in what I can do.

Regards,
    --
    Daniel
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    The culprit is a long-used free version of a commercial product - Super Screen Capture. It appears to mess with the font size when snagging a user-dragged shape, but forgets to reset...

I went into the display properties ==> appearance, and XP recognizes that when I select "Normal" for the font DPI, the "Apply" button activates... If I apply, then restart SQL Response, all is well... If I don't do the apply and restart SQL Response, it bombs on any Alert.

Needless to say, Super Screen Capture has been "terminated with extreme prejudice"... :x

CASE CLOSED! :D
    Decide wisely...
  • Good to hear that.

Cheers,
    --
    Daniel