Options

determining/choosing specific changes

nnodarinnodari Posts: 24
edited May 21, 2009 10:02AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I'm trying to create a package where just one change should be run (Package an upgrade to a database) but the program SQL Package, even checking just 1 item, create this script for other objects (procedures, views).

How to determine which scripts are only for the package ?

Like: http://www.legalsistemas.com.br/script.doc

Regards
Att

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

SQL Packager will automatically script objects that the object you want to migrate depend on. This is a good thing,really, and should prevent errors when running the script. There is an option in packager to set whether or not you want to include dependencies.
  • Options
    I dont have an option like "include dependencies" or something in Schema Options.

Where i find it ? my SQL Package version: 6.0.0.107

Regards!
    Nilton Nodari
    Att
  • Options
    Hi Nilton,

Thanks for pointing that out. The last release of Packager is missing the include dependencies option. Please download the latest build and give this a try -- it has the include dependencies option put back in.
    ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQL_ ... .2.0.1.zip
  • Options
    Did not work.
    SQL Packager yet informing which all objects has been changed, includind identical tables and others database objects.

Any idea ?
    Att
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure that you are using the right tool -- SQL Packager is for scripting databases and making an executable. It allows you to select all objects for synchronization. If you want to see which schema differences, then SQL Compare is the tool for you.
  • Options
    But the screen that shows the database objects (after "compare") indicates that there is a change - ALTER - even without changes to made.

In any case, you are correct.

Thanks !
    Att