Toad

Management Studio is a pretty poor development environment (imho gd&r). Any chance of supporting Toad sometime in the future?

Comments

• Hi,

I've added your suggestion to our list.

Regards,

Tilman
  • meklemblmeklembl Posts: 107 Bronze 2
    I second the motion for Toad Support
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
  • Thanks for the request. Can I ask you for the main reason why you don't use SSMS and have chosen a different editor?

Thanks,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
    I currently used SSMS2005 and Toad. The query optimization feature in TOAD is outstanding (and does not exist in SSMS) and many of the project management pieces are superior.

One of the major drawbacks when I use Toad is that the pieces of SQL Prompt that I've come to rely on are not there. Since I saw this request on the forum, I thought I'd second the request.
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
    There were 11 Best of Tech·Ed 2009 awards category winners. Here was the winner in Database Development: Quest Software Toad® for SQL Server.

It doesn't hold a candle to MultiScript, SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, and the fine tools of the SQL Toolbelt, but since I work in it a lot, I thought I'd add a request for an integration of SQL Prompt in Toad.

I am also not saying that this is a major request, but that it would be very nice.

Larry Meklemburg
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA