Compare one master DB with 2 or more DB's

gregstagregsta Posts: 2
edited May 15, 2009 3:32AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hey all, this is my first post, which is surprising considering I have been using the software for ages now.

Anyway, got a bit of a suggestion for SQL Compare. Would it be possible to compare the schema of one database with two or more databases?

The reason I ask is I have a set up where I have 9 databases that have the exact same schema, just set up for different customers. If I make a change to the schema in test. When making the schema change live I have been using SQL Compare to generate the script, then I copy this script into SQL Multi Script to execute and update.

What you think?

Cheers
Greg

Comments

• dhtuckerdhtucker Posts: 41 Bronze 3
    My scenario's nearly the same - only I've got nearly _1300_ databases that need their schema's adjusted when the boss tweaks the tables and fields. I'm really hoping SQL Compare can help (I'm still in the 'evaluation' period).
    Doug Tucker
    Database Administrator / Software Engineer
    Nelnet Business Solutions - FACTS-SIS
  • The UI doesn't currently have any one-to-many project option so what I would suggest is that you use the command line to automate this task, or alternatively you could use the Comparison SDK?

We'll definitely bear your use case in mind and will consider UI support for this.

Thanks for raising this request. If anyone else is looking for something similar, please let us know.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software