Options

Filter features in SQL Comparison SDK 8

I currently have a working version of the SQL Comparison SDK using version 7. I would like to use some of the new features in SQL Compare 8 in version 8 of the SDK. Namely, I want to apply some of the enhanced filtering options to only include objects within certain schema's and optionally only objects of certain types in the comparison (or Work object). I see there is a new Filter namespace that could be used to build the filtering object(s). How would I create such filter(s) and then apply them either before or after the comparison in the SDK?

Comments

• Options
    Hi jpjones; I've written an article outlining the API to use the filtering from the SDK here. Hopefully this'll get you started on working with the filtering.

Currently, filtering is only done post-compare; we did seriously consider pre-comparison filtering, but there were too many dependency issues to make it reliable enough.

Simon C
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback. Your article gave me what I needed to implement these filter features. We are using the SDK on a large system containing a number of objects, some objects are prefixed with a constant to imply ownserhip, while other objects are seperated into schemas. These filtering features are helpful to sort through all of this without us having to write logic to inspect the name and/or owner of each individual object.
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback. Your article gave me what I needed to implement these filter features. We are using the SDK on a large system containing a number of objects, some objects are prefixed with a constant to imply ownserhip, while other objects are seperated into schemas. These filtering features are helpful to sort through all of this without us having to write logic to inspect the name and/or owner of each individual object.