Source Code Pane is missing

I have been evaluating the software, and after the first profile, the "Source Code" pane has disappeared. I click on the [View]-[Source Code] Menu, but nothing happens. How can I get this pane back?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

It could just be that there is no source code for the method or object that you're currently viewing (depending on if you're doing the memory or performance profiling).

If you look at the 'Source File' column in the results, is there a source code file listed anywhere in there, and if so, does source code appear in the source code pane when you select that object or method?
  • The source file does have a filename. Its not that the source code does not show up in the "Source Code Window", but rather its that the Source Code Window is gone.
    Hello,

Thanks, just to check, the application is built as a DEBUG build, and there is a .pdb file in the same folder as the assembly you're profiling?

Note: This is a bit more complicated if you are using ASP .NET, but I won't go into that unless that's what you're doing.
  • This is true, it is a debug build, and it does have a pdb file. It is a windows c# application that I am performance profiling.

Here is a screen shot. As you can see, there is no "Source Code" window.

scr_prof.jpg
  • Hi there,

I think that there may have been a small misunderstanding. It sounds like you may have run into a user interface glitch with the docking component that we use in the results view. If you have lost a panel and it does not come back when you use the View->Source code menu option then you can restore the layout back to the default as follows -

Close ANTS Profiler
    Delete the registry entry
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\ANTS Profiler\DockingLayout
    Restart ANTS Profiler

Do let me know if this works out,

Tom Harris

SW Architect - ANTS Profiler
  • That worked!

Thanks for your help.
    Sorry for the mix-up. The picture went a long way to helping solve the problem. I was under the impression that there was no source code, but I couldn't have imagined that the source code tab had disappeared entirely!
This discussion has been closed.