Options

How do you connect Multi_script to a CE database.

johnc650johnc650 Posts: 16
edited April 21, 2009 1:43PM in SQL Multi Script
I was reading this article about reading the windows CE database using multiScript.. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Backup/61968/.

One thing it did not explain was how to connect to a CE database with MultiScript..

I don't see any way to connect anything but a normal sql database... Am I missing something??

-jfc-

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi John,

SQL Multi-script supports Microsoft SQL Server databases only -- it currently doesn't have CE or ODBC capability. The theme of the article that you linked to was about how to retrieve backup history from a SQL Backup data repository, which is a SQL CE database, but is being accessed via T-SQL queries that are sent to a SQL Server.

These queries use the sqbdata extended stored procedure, which is getting the SQL CE data from the repository and feeding the results through the MS SQL connection.

So aside from querying SQL Backup activity history, this is not a method that you can generally use to connect to any CE database and query it.

I hope that this clarifies things.
  • Options
    Ahhh got it now... Did not realize it was running the sqbdata out of master db..

Thanks,

-jfc-