Cannot use a CONTAINS ... it is not full-text index indexed

radiantgridradiantgrid Posts: 2
edited September 14, 2009 11:40AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I'm attempting to create a new database that i've packaged, but i'm getting this error:

"Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'dbo.UserEventsView' because it is not full-text indexed."

Seems like the view isn't being marked as FT indexed by the time my function that references was created.

Is this a bug in SQL Packager, or something I need to change in the way i'm packaging things?

Thanks,
Kirk

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

Unfortunatly this is an issue with the SQL Compare engine part of SQL Packager, which is explained in the following forum thread:
    http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... 5607#25607

I think the only workaround would be similar to the suggested workaround for SQL Compare, that being to create a package for the fulltext catalogs / tables with fulltext indexes first, and then another package for the rest of the database.
    Chris
  • Looking at this again, you could create each of the scripts first using SQL Compare (and data compare for the data), and then package the set of scripts using SQL Packager, then you could accomplish this using a single package.

e.g.

(If you want to package a new install, use SQL Compare against a blank database.)

1. Create the script for the fulltext catalogs / tables with fulltext indexes
    2. Create the script for other schema objects
    3. Create data scripts using SQL Data Comapre
    4. Copy them all into a single sequential .sql file
    5. Use SQL Packager 6 to package the complete script
    Chris
  • I am having the same issue as well. You solution below will work.

However, as a user using SQL Packager I would like to be able to package multiple scripts into package and I would also like to set the order in which these scripts are run. As a user, this would save me a lot of time and make your product work better for me.
    Looking at this again, you could create each of the scripts first using SQL Compare (and data compare for the data), and then package the set of scripts using SQL Packager, then you could accomplish this using a single package.

e.g.

(If you want to package a new install, use SQL Compare against a blank database.)

1. Create the script for the fulltext catalogs / tables with fulltext indexes
    2. Create the script for other schema objects
    3. Create data scripts using SQL Data Comapre
    4. Copy them all into a single sequential .sql file
    5. Use SQL Packager 6 to package the complete script