How to remove the SQL Backup trial edition completely from ?

vasukivasuki Posts: 8
edited March 26, 2009 6:43AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have downloaded Red Gate's SQLBackup evaluation edition and installed it but I was unable to complete my evaluation during 14 days. Now I want to do the testing for another 14 days. So I tried to uninstall Red Gate's SQLBackup also I have deleted all Ged Gate by search from the computer as well as from registry.
After all tried to install it again..still it says license expired. How can I solve this.
Vasuki Nimalan, Lals Group,Dubai

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Vasuki,

The trial information is deeply rooted in the computer to prevent people from exploiting it to make the software run forever. Luckily, you can contact sales@red-gate.com and get a trial extension serial number that will reset the trial to start on the current date.
  • nzhomenzhome Posts: 1 New member
    Brian is incorrect. The trial information is not deeply rooted in the computer.  It is actually stored in the redgate server against your email address, and although your login email address is stored, it is actually checked against a list of ALL hard-drive hashes with a trial start date for each unique hard drive.  so you would have to spoof your hard drive and mac address details of your machine.  the red gate service that is installed on your windows machine generates the hard drive hash  and sends it when you log in to the redgate server,  if it matches then it is then passed back the start date of your trial or expiry.