Is SQL Prompt 4 ever coming out?

swrobelswrobel Posts: 31
edited May 6, 2009 7:54AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
If so, when? What are the new features going to be?

Comments

• Hello,

Sorry to keep you waiting but we are planning to have an early access build of SQL Prompt v4.0 available for our users sometime around April/early May!
    The new version has gone through some massive re-engineering works which basically translates to fixing the *quirkiness* issues reported by users in the past.

Some of the noted changes with the new version would be;
      Improved performance Improved support on SQL statements like for e.g., DBCC statements Improved support within sub-queries and aliases Support for multiple JOIN clauses New format option that allows you to indent sub-clauses for SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements Right click context menu to ‘Format code’ and ‘create new snippets’ Sleek UI that supports sharing of snippets and format styles with peers/colleagues
    I hope that helps and the team is working hard to get this out...so keep watching the forums for more updates soon!

Thank you very much for your patience, interest and support!

*quirkiness –Failing to list columns after the WHERE clause in some scenarios or failing to list suggestions when working on sub-queries and other such glitches experienced while trying to use SQL prompt.

Regards,
    Tanya
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to it!
  • Any update on the status of V4?
  • Hello,

An early access of v4.0 will be available during the last week of May :)

Thanks,
    Tanya
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hopefully just in time for my birthday :D

Thank you Tanya
  • David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,431 Rose Gold 2
    If anyone would like to be added to our beta testers list, please email me at David.Atkinson at red-gate.com. You will be notified as soon as any early release is available to test, and offered an opportunity to make a difference by providing your feedback.

Thanks!

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software