Options

Exclude columns from compare but display data

scotts0415scotts0415 Posts: 3
Is there a way to exclude columns from the compare but still view them in the results?

I have some timestamp fields that I would like to sort by but not compare.

Using SQL Data Compare 7.1

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, I don't think this is possible. If columns are excluded, they are excluded from both the comparison row-matching process, the comparison results and also aren't considered for synchronization.

However, we will consider this as a feature request. Can I ask why you need to sort by timestamp? Also, are you just looking to compare, or would you want to synchronize some rows as well?

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    We are propagating 2 different databases with 2 different products. They each write to their respective databases, but one might be a little slower than the other. So the timestamp column is always an explainable difference. It does help to have the column in the results for troubleshooting when each was last updated when we do find a legitimate difference. Hope this makes sense.

We are not really using the product to syncronize data after the compare, we are only using it for validation.
  • Options
    Thank you for the clarification. We will consider this as a feature request.

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software