Tracking SQLBackup 5 Pro Licenses on the internal network

GladiatrGladiatr Posts: 28
edited March 5, 2009 7:17PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi there,

We have purchased two SQLBackup 5 Pro licenses from the Red_Gate for our production and log shipping servers and we deployed one license already on the production sql server. The other license I used it for some testing purpose before actually installing on my log shipping machine and I can't remember on which SQL Server I installed the license. Today when I installed the SQLBackup software on my log shipping machine and tried to activate my second license I was notified that my second license is already in use and I have to de-activate that license first to use it.

My problem is I can't track it down where I had installed my second license for the SQLBackup and I need it now.

Is there a way to find out on which machine I have installed my second SQLBackup license and then I will de-activate it and installed it on my actually log shipping machine? Please help.

Thanks.
-gladiatr

Comments

• Thank you for your question. Unfortunately if your server is no longer added to your console, there is no way for you to track where it is. Red Gate's activation server only saves a hash of the machine, and doesn't save any details that may help you track it down. I'd be interested to hear your ideas on how you would like this to work and we could consider improving the situation in a later release.

If you fail to find the server in question, you can request a fresh activation by simply filling in the following form:

http://www.red-gate.com/webactivation/r ... tions.aspx

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Thanks David for the quick reply.

I'll be glad to provide you ideas about the license tracking later.

One quick question popped-up in my mind is that I have already running one license on my production machine and if I fill out the form for the fresh activation will I lose my current license on my production server? In that case, do I have to re-activate my license on the production machine. Can you please shed some light on this.

-gladiatr.
  • Gladiatr wrote:
    One quick question popped-up in my mind is that I have already running one license on my production machine and if I fill out the form for the fresh activation will I lose my current license on my production server? In that case, do I have to re-activate my license on the production machine. Can you please shed some light on this.
    -gladiatr.

Once the additional activation has been approved, it will be added to your existing serial number. Your currently activated servers will be unaffected and will carry on working as normal.

I'll contact you directly with regards to your ideas on license tracking.
    Thanks!

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software