Drop tables command on the script

pandianipandiani Posts: 10
edited February 20, 2009 1:12PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Is there a way to request to DROP a Table or a StoredProc in case it exists as the MSSQL scripting engine does??

F

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately this feature is not currently available in SQL Compare.

I have the details of this forum post to an existing feature request. The reference for this feature request is SC2909. Hopefully this feature will apppear in a future version of SQL Compare.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Dear Eddie,

Is this option already available?

This would come in very handy for us. We apply updates to several slightly different databases and we have to modify each synchronisation script manually.
  • Hi,

Sorry, we haven't put this feature in yet. We've considered this a number of times but it goes a little against the purpose of SQL Compare, which is to generate a script specific to two data sources. What you might want to consider is to write a small application that does a comparison at runtime, such as is done in this example:

http://www.wahooga.com/index.php/2008/0 ... ma-part-i/

Thanks,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Hi David,

Is this still planned? I noticed you created a feature request for this in 2006:
    The reference for this feature request is SC2909

Also, if i'm not mistaken, this feature was included in v2.xx and was abandonned later.

Thanks, Jan
  • David,

We all understand this might not be part of the purpose of the tool itself, but I think you should reconsider it as we the uses might expand the usage of the tool outside the initial scope of the intended way ...

Filippo
  • pandiani wrote:
    David,

We all understand this might not be part of the purpose of the tool itself, but I think you should reconsider it as we the uses might expand the usage of the tool outside the initial scope of the intended way ...

Filippo

Yes, we definitely haven't ruled it out and it's a request we get on a fairly frequent basis. Hopefully we'll be able to put it in a future release.

Thanks for giving us the feedback.

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software