View Script Folder errors

alex.weatherallalex.weatherall Posts: 54
edited February 5, 2009 5:29AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Does SQLCompare log the errors encountered when processing a scripts folder.

If a script has been checked in with a syntax error then the object is not included in the database structure produced during database object registration, but no error or warning is displayed. Careless use :) could result in an object being dropped during synchronisation.

Even if a log is kept somewhere that would be useful, but I'd rather see the warnings in the interface.

Thanks,

Alex
Alex Weatherall
TeleWare.com

Comments

• I've just turned on verbose logging (as described in another recent post) and I see the event where a file with a syntax error is processed, however it just says Processing file: test_bad_syntax.sql :(

:idea: Feature Request: Can a warning be written to this log if SQL Compare isn't able to process any file in a scripts folder?

Thanks,

Alex
    Alex Weatherall
    TeleWare.com
  • Just the thing you're looking for is included in the 8.0 beta, with the 8.0 release available in february/march. Any feedback you want to give on the parser error messages dialog, or any other new feature, would be greatly appreciated

Simon C
  • Thanks Simon,

I have the 8 beta so I will see how that works in comparison. I should have checked that first before posting - sorry.

Alex
    Alex Weatherall
    TeleWare.com
  • Simon,

You were quite right - that was "just the thing" I was looking for :D

Nice one Redgate! I'll get back to you with feedback when I can.

Regards,

Alex
    Alex Weatherall
    TeleWare.com