Options

Collecting Trace Data

Scott HerbertScott Herbert Posts: 14
edited January 22, 2009 4:59PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I have enabled the collection of trace data on both servers which are being monitored. However, I am yet to see any trace data appear in the performance snapshot for any alert. I have checked deadlocks, blocks, long running queries and so on, and all I see is "No SQL Statements to Display".

I have looked for the [All Users]\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Response 1\Alert Repository directory on both the montored and repository machines, however no such folder exists.

It looks like there's some SQLResponse*.trc files sitting on my monitored server in the L drive where the DB Log files are kept.

Is there a setting somewhere to tell the repository where to pick the trace files up from?

Comments

• Options
    dlkjdlkj Posts: 151
    edited April 7, 2010 10:58AM
    Hi Scott,

[All users] can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users on Windows XP/Server 2003 and earlier and C:\ProgramData on Vista and Server 2008.

Which version of the Alert Repository do you have installed?

Could you please zip up and send your Alert Repository Log Files

You can find your alert repository log files at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Response Alert Repository 1
  • Options
    Just one thing which might be helpful in FAQs, manuals etc for this product is making clear which machine is being talked about when file locations are given. The monitored server? The machine on which the repository is located? etc.

I've sent an email containing the logs which were stored on the repository machine.