High Physical Memory Usage on Alert Repository Server

nuberfinnuberfin Posts: 18 Bronze 2
edited January 21, 2009 10:20AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello

I have just installed SQL Response and placed the alert repository on a SQL 2005 instance server currently not in use as a production box. The SQL Response service is eating up around 1.2 GB of physical memory. Is this normal??

Comments

• Hi nuberfin,

That does sound a bit high, how many SQL Server instances is the alert repository monitoring?

Does the memory usage fluctuate much, or does it seem constant?

Thanks,
    --
    Daniel
  • nuberfinnuberfin Posts: 18 Bronze 2
    One instance. When I restarted the service yesterday, the memory stayed at around 200 - 300 MB. Most of the day. It appears that it swelled again last night and the service stopped completely at some point overnight and my connection to the repository was broken.

So something appears to be swelling it's footprint then shutting down the service when it runs out of memory. The repository is on a production build of a SQL Server 2005 box that has yet to be placed into be deployed, so it's not doing any work other than backing up the system databases every night via an SSIS package scheduled via a SQL Agent job.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!
  • dlkjdlkj Posts: 151
    edited April 7, 2010 10:58AM
    Hi nuberfin,

Could you please zip up and send your Alert Repository Log Files

You can find your alert repository log files at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Response Alert Repository 1

Thanks,
    --
    Daniel
  • nuberfinnuberfin Posts: 18 Bronze 2
    Done.

Thanks!