Options

Using Extended Proc on DB with Spaces in the Name

DanWDanW Posts: 2
edited May 12, 2005 4:40AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When using the Extended proc to backup a database that contains a space in the name, you receive the following output:

Output from SQL Backup (3.1.0)
SQL Backup 3.1.0, (c) Red Gate Software Ltd 2004 - 2005
Serial number: 010-010-020941-7208
Syntax error: [ after DATABASE

(3 row(s) affected)

Using the GUI, the backup runs fine, however, using the GUI to Generate the Extended proc Script and then Executing it in QA gives the above output.

Here is the GUI generated Script:
master..sqlbackup '-SQL "BACKUP DATABASE [Citrix SQL Store] TO DISK = ''F:\FULL_(local)_Citrix SQL Store_20050511 115154.sqb'' WITH NAME = ''Database (Citrix SQL Store), 5/11/2005 11:51:34 AM'', DESCRIPTION = ''Backup on 5/11/2005 11:51:34 AM Database: Citrix SQL Store Instance: (local) Server: UAFCWSTSRV3'', COMPRESSION = 3" -E'

Any ideas or suggestions for a workaround are welcome. I have a nice Proc I made to backup all DBs, but this DB blows the proc up. Currently we have to exclude it from SQL Backup and have scheduled the regular slow and fat backup process.

...By the WAY...... Spaces in the name WAS NOT MY DOING..GRR

Thank You,
Dan

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    That's something to be fixed. Could you please use the command line app instead? That'll work.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Hi Dan

The latest release (3.2) fixed this problem for the GUI and command line. However it appears that the store procedure still has this limitation.

We are currently testing a new dll file that has the fix included. Can you email support@red-gate.com and we will send you the file and installation instructions.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd