Suggestion or help

dbelldbell Posts: 5
edited January 9, 2009 10:11AM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
Is there an option or way to export the SQL script from SQL Doc2? It'd be of great use on my current project. Cutting and pasting table by table isn't really a good thing.

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for your post and getting in touch. There is not a way to export the sql scripts from SQL Doc 2, however you can using SQL Compare and the Scripts to Folder feature.

SQL Compare can be downloaded from http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql_compare/

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks

Ben
  • Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Offering the ability to generate the extend properties as script would be an excellent feature then.
    Currently though not attractive, we'd have to cut and paste the generated SQL in the documentation, since comparing with SQL Compare will find other things we aren't interested in at that point. But you don't seem to offer the option to only extract the extended properties of the database, and even further the ability to filter which extended properties we'd want.
    We have some that do not pertain to documentation.

We have a large database an a single person is dedicated only to documenting it and that person isn't the designer. Having a script where the database object is checked for existence and if found the extended property applied would really round out this product. With this the script can be applied to any of our developer's database sandboxes and be of great benefit.
  • I agree, this would be a useful feature as we want to maintain the documentation on "documentation" databases in a development area - not necessarily in the live database. So to be able to generate a script of the properties created by SQLDoc would be useful.

Or do you know another way of quickly scripting the extended properties only in a database (I tried playing with the SSMS script options, but this didn't seem to be possible)

If I find a usable alternative method I will post the results here.

Thanks

Alex
    Alex Weatherall
    TeleWare.com