When using exception hunter to merge XML files!

jbjb Posts: 4
Hi

We are using exception hunter and the tool, which enables you to merge the found exceptions with your XML documentation. My question is if it is possible to change change the descriptions, which is insertet by the tool, so instead of "Dectected by Red gate exception hunter" then I could write my own text ?
Jakob Brixtofte
Himsa KS ll

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for your post. I thought that this subject would come up a lot sooner!

I have modified the Exception Merger tool a bit so that it now has a "condition" argument where you can specify information about exceptions detected by Exception Hunter, or leave the field blank, if you want. You can download the new binaries from the labs site at labs.red-gate.com.

I hope this helps!
  • Hi Brian

Thanks for changes - I have actually made a small merge program, which holds information about diffrent possible exceptions and a meaningful text.
    So what I do is that I run the exception hunter and then I merge the output with the XML documentation and finally I use my tool to seek out the Red gate exceptions and then I change the wording according to the text I have made in my merge program. It give a really nice documentation of my assemblies.

Regards
    JB
    Jakob Brixtofte
    Himsa KS ll