Options

Feature Request - Restoring a database

Andrew HodgeAndrew Hodge Posts: 132
edited December 22, 2008 6:01AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

Can I log a feature request for sql backup. This is probably because I am lazy but, when performing a restore I find it quite annoying that if the restore fails due to the database being locked open by users session that I cant just resubmit the restore without having to go back through the process of selecting the backup entering the encryption key etc. Could this be handled as follows

1) That if a restore job fails that you can resubmit it from the error screen without having to go through the selection process again

or

2) Before performing the restore that it warns you if there are any user sessions locking the database and possibly give you the option to clear them (ie like the detach database process in the SQL EM).

Many Thanks and Merry Xmas

Andy Hodge

Comments

• Options
    Great suggestion Andrew - I back these suggestions 100%. It would be great if both features were implemented, I suspect the first one should be pretty easy to code up.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks to both of you for raising these feature requests.

1) Most probably the feature 1 will be done in the release after the next release.

2) We are adding the ability to kill connections when you do restore. This will be in the next release which is due for Q1 next year.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software